Hawkins Family

Hawkins Family

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our Summer In Photos

Lots of photos of our summer. It's been a pretty quiet one, low-key for sure most days. With the ages of the girls and therefore, lots of naps, and the heat, we stayed in a lot. We did venture out from time to time to keep from getting shack-wacky and were able to check most things off our "Summer Fun List," so I'm calling it a success. I thought this summer was going to be pretty awful--boys always wanting to get out, girls needing to stay home; but it was my favorite to date. We just had a lot of simple fun at home. There are some notable missing shots, like countless afternoons in the pool, but if I was in the water, I surely had a babe or two in hand. I'm grateful for a relaxing, but wonderful summer.

The boys return home on Saturday. I can't wait to see them. Dreading a little the inevitable retraining that will need to be done after weeks of being spoiled by grandparents, but it's going to happen nonetheless! :) I am very thankful for the more individualized time I was able to have with each of the younger kids because of this trip. It was interesting to watch the dynamics change when Clay left, then Thomas....and I feel like I got to do, sit, hug, spend time with each of them more just because there were fewer of them for a little while. And I know the adventures that the boys had with their grandparents will be treasured memories for always.

Ronnie and I took a little vacation with the girls to California earlier this week, so we were able to have a change of scenery (along with some fantastic southern California weather) and recharge a bit. (Those few pictures aren't uploaded yet.) I loved my time with Ronnie after the girls were in bed. Sitting out on the porch, talking, even reminiscing, while listening to the ocean....pretty sweet. I confess the other two nights I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30, but I guess I needed some R & R that bad.

Anyway, it has been a fun one. Can't believe school begins in just over a week. These last few days with just the girls at home are soon to be my new normal Monday to Friday. Strange. Another huge life change as #2 heads off to Kindergarten. Right now, I'm just looking forward to two huge hugs on Saturday afternoon.





















1 comment:

  1. My internet is too slow to load these picture, but I wanted to stop by and say, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"!
    much love and wishes for a grace and peace filled year!

    ReplyDelete