Hawkins Family

Hawkins Family

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Old

I must be getting really old. At least, I'm feeling really old. Not sure if it's just me or perhaps the four kids have driven me to this point. Nah, probably can't blame them!

So I went to the doctor on Monday. I have a couple things that needed to be followed up on. One being a brain tumor that was found just two days prior to me finding out I was pregnant with Elena. I was scheduled for a second MRI the day I got the positive pregnancy test. Needless to say, no one would touch me after that! I'm not concerned about it. I mean, it's there, could have been there for years and will probably be there for the rest of my life. This second MRI (postponed for a year now) will have contrast to give doctors a better look at it and if it hasn't changed, I'll probably just have to have an MRI like once a year for the rest of my life to make sure it doesn't change. Maybe it sounds funny that I'm not worried. I just feel that it's out of my control anyway, so we'll deal with the results as needed. God has just given me a peace about the whole thing.

Anyway, I also came out with a diagnosis of carpel tunnel syndrome. Massive joint pain, swelling, and stiffness in my right wrist. Nice. And I have horrible shoulder pain in my left shoulder, so will be starting physical therapy for that next week....along with my knee which I was in therapy for at this same time last year, diagnosed with a torn meniscus. Going to have an MRI on that too. I'm hoping they'll just flip me around and do the head and knee at the same appointment. Sporty, I say. I've been having various other joint pain too, though these are the most severe spots. Being cautious of course, so had blood work to rule out any autoimmune stuff.

In the meantime, none of this is helping me achieve my goals of losing the baby weight and getting into the "best shape of my life." Biking and swimming are probably it for me, and getting to the pool with four kids....well, let's just say it hasn't happened yet. They have childcare, but I just hate taking babies there. You just never know how they'll be cared for. Maybe I need to get over that and choose me. Hmmm.....

All I know for now is 1. I hurt....a lot, and 2. I feel OLD!

3 comments:

  1. make sure they do a lymes test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carrie... I'm so thankful for the peace you have. That is a gift. Will be praying for your physical comfort and for some answers. I wish I was closer to you!! I'd bike all day AND pull your two little ones in a trailer so you could have that moment to yourself (on a bike, in the sun.. ha ha I know). Sending lots of love your way from mine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. that's kind of a lot to be dealing with! you are NOT old :-)

    ReplyDelete