Hawkins Family

Hawkins Family

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back To It

It's been a really enjoyable Christmas break around here. I've loved having the kids home all day and the boys have amazed me by playing together super well for the entire two weeks. Gaby will probably be very upset to be stuck with boring ol' mom once the boys head back to school tomorrow! She loves the constant attention they give her.

But tomorrow morning will bring early wake up times, loading everyone into the minivan (yes, I said, minivan....more on that in a minute), and heading to Clayton's carpool before dropping Thomas at preschool. I confess, I'm not looking much forward to it.

We also have Clayton's science fair project to wrap up, another trip to the surgeon for another check-up for Tommy, and I get back into my counseling supervising role with two meetings this week. Yep, the more I think on it, I'm definitely ready for Friday already!

So....the minivan....guess I'm officially a card-carrying member of the "soccer moms' club"! We've been thinking on this purchase and looking on/off since early September, but we finally bit the bullet. We already have an 8-passenger SUV (my beloved truck!), but it would be impossible to access the third row without putting the babies side-by-side, which I'm not eager to do since Gaby will still be at the age of baby eye-gauging. In an effort to save money, we came up with a seating scenario that we thought we'd try before buying a van, but Ronnie's 11 year-old Price Is Right car has been (dramatically and very costly) showing its age in recent months. Since we weren't looking for that to become a money pit, we decided to get a van. Seems like the only reasonable choice for a soon-to-be family of six. It's everything we wanted in a minivan, even the color I wanted, but....I'm having a strange and very unexpected identity crisis about "losing" my truck. Funny. I even amaze myself sometimes with my silliness. :)

2 comments:

  1. so did ronnie get the truck? ps - when do we find out what this baby is?!? You can have the ultrasound tech send the envelope directly to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he has the truck. We actually kept the car too for now. We decided as long as he can fix it with junkyard parts, he can have it too! :) He loves working on cars and it really is nice to have a beater vehicle for his very long commute.

    We didn't find out the gender! You're just gonna have to wait!

    ReplyDelete