Ronnie and I went out on a date last night before small group. It was really fun. Before Gaby was born, we were really diligent about going out once a week. It hasn't been so easy or convenient over the last year plus with first a newborn, then Weapons School, and lately, just life. Anyway, we had a very yummy and relaxing dinner together before joining our awesome small group friends.
Just before we left, as we were hugging the kiddos good-bye, Thomas told me that I smelled good.
"Thanks," I said, "I did take a shower today."
Just for fun (and because it's Thomas), I decided to ask, "What do I smell like?"
He thought for a moment, and then offered, "Non-rotten bananas." (Dead-pan face and all!)
Ronnie, the babysitter, and I were all cracking up. What?! Non-rotten bananas! The only thing I could think to respond with, "Better than smelling like rotten bananas!"
Where does he come up with these things?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news, I've finally succumb to the sick bug. Definitely a cold at this point, possibly a sinus infection. Either way, it stinks. Moms are not supposed to get sick....ever! Glad it's Sunday and Ronnie is graciously playing Mr. Mom, taking care of the kiddos, letting me nap, and even going to Costco and the grocery store. Love that man. Hoping and praying I will be good enough to fly solo tomorrow.
Catching up...ugh on all the sickness! Know what you mean about all the doctor visits. I felt the same way in our first few months with the babes! Hope that whatever bug found you has already passed.
ReplyDeleteAnd love that you smell like non-rotten bananas!