Oh my gosh....39 days! We're in the 30's?! Wow. Wow! Thankful for a free weekend coming up so we can push forward with the many projects we still need to get done before the newest one arrives. First up, powder room remodel.
I just got an e-mail from a lady at church that I volunteer with and thought this was sweet and wanted to remember it. I just wrote her to tell her that I'm officially on break from the counseling ministry while we wait for baby and adjust to life as a family of six.
She responded, "Family of Six. That's a perfect number for a family. Know why? Have you ever seen a dining table in a home or a restaurant with five or seven chairs?" Thought that was sweet, especially when most people look at me like I/we have antennae when we're all out together and they see my belly.
Or....the pedicurist on Saturday who said nothing to me the entire time, other than to ask if this was our first baby. When I said, "No, it's our fourth," she then asked if we were Italian. (Thought that was funny.) She then said nothing again for the longest time, until she finally asked how old our other kids are. After she found out Gaby is just 17 months, her comment, "Oh! They are going to fight so much!"
Thanks. Thanks so much. Love when people share their true thoughts with me! Oh well!
oh, the things people say!
ReplyDeletelove the part about tables having 6 chairs :-)
ohMY.
ReplyDeletegoodness.
carry on, friend, carry on.
OHmy.
That's all I've got. Just crazy.
=)
I don't know, C...I'm pretty sure 7 family members is what all the cool kids are doing. Just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteAnd yay for people who know just what to say...kind of like the lady who exclaimed, "Wow! Your cup runneth over!" when she saw my five. Instead of the typical "You sure have your hands full," like it's a bad thing.
And into the THIRTIES!! L-O-V-E that!