Moving to Virginia has been an unexpectedly hard adjustment for me. Moving's always hard, right? Yes, but when you're in the military, you just kind of forget that part and go with it....even if you lived seven years in one place. I've been "walking in the desert" since we moved here in a lot of ways (if I can use that expression without sounding dramatic). But....it never felt without purpose. I have felt close to God (most of the time) and felt that He was leading me through the desert....just Him and me....for a reason(s). I've gotten a lot of clarity in the last couple weeks. It's thrilling and terrifying all at the same time when you feel quite certain you've "heard" from God. The very next question is, "Will I obey?"
My three "life-changers" came all at once during my quiet time, just two weeks ago tomorrow, I believe (without looking in my journal). The first, join Noonday Collection. If you don't know about Noonday, you should. Look 'em up. Their story is inspiring and it just happens to line up with my heart....exactly. So I responded pretty quickly (God even gave me three purposes for any money I might earn) and I have an interview next Wednesday. Excited. Nervous. Excited. My heart's desire the last couple years has been to have more of a global impact with my life. I know too much about the dire circumstances so many face that sitting in my house, taking care of my own, is no longer satisfying. But....I feel completely called to be a stay-at-home mom. How do I reconcile these? Maybe Noonday is the answer (for now).
One of the things I want to use my earnings for is a yearly mission trip. I'm tentatively planning to head to the Dominican this fall with Compassion International. As part of the trip, I'll get to meet the darling seven year-old girl we've sponsored for the last four-ish years. I'm already thinking that meeting just might change my life.
I'll share a couple more steps as I get closer to taking those. Not quite sure how this will all take shape and feeling a little overwhelmed to be doing something new for the first time in many years....and then, several things at once? God, I keep wondering, did I really hear you right? I'm sure on a couple. On the other, need to do some research. I'm very mindful of "keeping the main thing, the main thing."
So the title of this post though to come full circle....the closer I get to following God, the more radically obedient I become, the more readily the attacks come. We know that right, as Christians? If we're running after God, Satan's gonna run after us. Right? But it's hard. And wearing. It's made me mindful, really distinctly mindful, of how the body should always be lifting each other in prayer and encouraging each other in word. I commit to being better in this area. So my point, what do you do when you feel totally thrilled and totally worn out when chasing after the one who's heart you adore? I think, we keep running.
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Heb 12:1-2)
I figure, even with my busted up hip that is quite literally keeping me from running (or really any exercise at all....boo), if I'm running with God, there ain't no way Satan's gonna catch me.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jer 29:11-13)
awesome!
ReplyDelete