Hawkins Family

Hawkins Family

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tahoe--Day 2

After breakfast on Day 2, posing next to their favorite koi pond.  You would not believe how many times we visited those fish each day.  The boys (mostly Thomas) even named several of them.  Gaby was into it too because she's into everything her big bros are. :)


We then headed down the street to the lake.  We weren't quite sure what the set up was, so we just headed down in our street clothes to scope it out.  Oh my goodness....the beauty....it was truly breathtaking.  I don't think the photos do it even a little justice.


Un.be.liev.ably clear.  Amazing.  Beautiful.  Felt like I could "see" God in this setting.  I mean, who else suspends this huge, crystal clear lake like 6,000 feet above sea level?  It's super deep too and almost 100% pure.  Amazing. 


They couldn't resist "getting in."  I love this photo.  Can still see the little boys in them even though they're most definitely growing up.


A Daddy and his babe.  Love.


After a bit, we headed back up the hill to our hotel.  I stayed at the hotel with the napping girls, and the boys took off for Carson City.  They went to the state capitol building and the Governor's mansion (and Walmart for the many things we forgot!)
We were all pretty tired at this point (already).  I was just realizing how emotionally and physically exhausted I was from the week prior with losing my pup.  

But this MADE THE DAY....!!!


She had taken her first steps about a week and a half prior, but hadn't walked since.  At this juncture, it was apparent she had cracked the code!  Love my wobbly walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment