A zillion thoughts running through my head....
* Tomorrow is the last day of school. Can't believe it. Where did the time go?! A 4th grader and a 1st grader. Wow.
* Thomas and I just finished Language Arts. We will do History after quiet time and then we'll be done with all his subjects. Hallelujah. We have to log some attendance time tomorrow, so I'll let him pick his two favorite subjects. Haven't loved homeschooling. Not a great fit for me in this season of life. Can't say that I feel it's been the environment for T to thrive in either. Praying for that right fit for him come fall (which is difficult with a pending move.)
* Still haven't mapped out our summer. Thought about it lots, but need to get some of it on paper. Must be intentional this summer or the heat and limitations (like I can't hold on to two girls in the pool) will drive us all crazy. My goal this summer--to be intentional with our days--even if intentionally doing nothing. And to schedule some time for myself. Never done that before.
* Really want to make it to Ronnie's cousin's wedding on the beach in August. Where can you find money growing on trees?
* Need to revamp the boys' chores for the summer.
* We thought we were going to have to put Boomer down yesterday. He was in a bad way for a solid 24 hours. Very sad. After a trip to the vet yesterday and some lab work, looks like he may have a low-functioning thyroid. Ronnie and I got Boomer in November of 1999. That was a long time ago. Recalling yesterday how long he's really been with us.
* Can't wait to explore Lake Tahoe this summer.
* Gaby has been taking forever to fall asleep the last three days at nap time. Waited longer today. Hear her partying now. Killing me. Stream of consciousness interrupted.
* Can't wait to go to Body Pump today. Think it's my favorite workout ever. Awesome!
* So hope the Spurs win tonight!!!
* What will it be like to move? It's been so long. Can't believe it's really going to happen this fall. If we get orders for October, will I move ahead with the kids so they can start the school year off in their new school? I hated the one move I remember in third grade. Will the boys hate moving as much as I did? Hope NOT. Still can't imagine leaving our church or friends. Will LOVE moving to a different climate! Any different climate will do!
* Can't wait to get my highlights done on Friday. :) Just makes me happy.
* Our babysitter is moving in 29 days. Whatever will we do? She has sat for us for 5 years!! That's huge when you don't live near family. Huge. Had really hoped we'd leave before she did. Don't even have any leads on other sitters.
* Gonna grab a snack and savor some of this sacred quiet time.
* One more....I have so many old photos that I've missed posting. Stink. Want to be better. This really is a great way to keep "it" all together. Disneyland? Yep, we did go there back in March.
End of random thoughts. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment