Just a little busy around here these days (sarcasm!) Even too busy to document the very exciting first steps of Gabriella on Super Bowl Sunday. Had to say "Super Bowl Sunday" because I couldn't remember the date. Alas, believe it was February 6th if my memory is serving me (which it most certainly isn't these days like most of the rest of my body.)
Anyway....too much additional commentary....sorry. OK, so we're at Ronnie's brother's house for the Super Bowl. Thomas, Gaby, and I had just arrived a few minutes before. She's standing at the ottoman in the family room and just starts walking over to me on the couch. It was so cute! And like I figured, her first steps were a whole bunch, a good seven, maybe more. She's so steady on her feet; figured when she wanted to go, she'd just go and she did. Loved seeing that little body toddle towards me.
She took a few more steps the next couple days, then stopped again until yesterday. She's started standing independently and pretty much at will since then. And she's walking holding on to one hand of mine or Ronnie's much more. But when she wants to go, she will do almost anything to get to her knees to get there fast! Think we're definitely dealing with a "I'll do it when I'm good and ready" type of chica here. Love her to pieces, but I'll confess a fear of her teenage years already! :)
Have lots more updates and photos coming soon hopefully. Lots of fun pics from our day of sledding last week. We missed a trip to Disneyland with some wonderfully special friends due to my illness (that little cold turned into a nasty infection that required antibiotics and kept me down for a good 10 days)....but at least we got a day in the mountains on the backside of it. I'll take what I can get these days.
Oh, we've made it through four of our six doctors' appointments so far and everyone is healthy! Yay! And not sure what position the babe is in these days. I'm thinking transverse, but not sure. Pretty sure it's pulled its foot up because I'm not feeling those boots to the cervix anymore, but don't think we've achieved full-flippage yet either. Keep praying!
No comments:
Post a Comment