Hawkins Family

Hawkins Family

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Preparations

Our first Saturday of December was a busy one. Clayton's last football game of the season was first. (I'll get some photos uploaded soon, they're on my phone since I forgot the camera.) Afterward, we headed home for showers and lunch (and a nap for Gaby) before running off to Thomas' preschool Christmas program. All the kids were dressed so sweet and sang their little hearts out. Thomas was such a trooper, singing and doing the actions with only his left arm. It was really cute!








After the program, we headed out to find the perfect Christmas tree. It was quite a chore this year, taking three stops at different lots to find the one we wanted. We did find a pretty one and the boys, especially Thomas, were all about decorating it. Here's a couple photos. I have yet to take a photo of the finished product, so you'll have to wait on that. It's lovely and especially endearing to me with lots of ornaments clustered right at four-year old height. Gaby's loving the tree, but doing a really good job with "no touch."




I've been really on top of Christmas shopping early this year and decorating, but the cards have fallen to the wayside. I finally have them finished, though they haven't arrived quite yet. Anyway, I wanted to take a photo of the kids in front of the tree this year, but it didn't work out. This was the final (and truthfully, probably the best!) attempt. They looked half-asleep or bored to death in all the others. We went with a photo from the summer. Hope to have them in your mailboxes soon!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just tell you how much I would have LOVED to see that last picture show up in my mailbox? It for sure would have been the funniest card of the season!

    So happy to see so many pictures of your fabulous family. Wish we were taking another Christmas trip to Vegas this year!

    ReplyDelete