Hawkins Family

Hawkins Family

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Six Months of Love

Dear Gabriella,
Today marks six months of your life with us. This has absolutely been the fastest six months of my life, but also the most treasured. I know I've already written this about you, but I really don't know how we lived without you before. You've been in our arms for six months, but in our hearts, for much much longer. It feels like we've loved you forever....like there was no beginning. Somehow it feels like we were just waiting for you prior to September 23rd. You have filled a space in my heart that I didn't previously know was empty. So many people think we wanted another baby just because we were "trying to get a girl." I don't like that for a couple of reasons. 1. We would have loved you no matter what gender you were, and 2. It feels like your brothers weren't then as remarkable to us and they so are. All three of you are gems. I do love that you're a girl, but not because you're a girl, just because you are you. And you, my darlin', are just purely perfect. I love you forever. I love you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.
Love, Mommy

I love being a mother. To love a child is to get a glimpse of how Jesus loves us.

Some photos of the last week.


This will be a favorite forever!

This is how I found her the other day after I finished vacuuming. She had rolled herself to this spot and was all tangled up in the balloon string....and obviously, very happy about it!

Sweet, sweet girl....and so pretty in turquoise!

Taken this morning. This is how she usually falls asleep; with her hands clasped and sucking her right thumb. Endearing.

3 comments:

  1. Precious you, precious baby girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me tear up on this one, Carrie! We miss you guys. Clayton thinks your baby girls looks like her Daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely.

    and sept 23rd?! did i know that? that's my jackson's bday! :)

    ReplyDelete