Hawkins Family

Hawkins Family

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Unhappy Thanksgiving and Happier Days!






So despite the pictures, we had a very nice Thanksgiving. It was just our family of five (I like saying that!), so it was relatively quiet. (A house can only be so quiet with 6 and 3 year old boys!) But we had a fabulous meal, followed by our little traditions of talking about things we're thankful for (my favorite answer this year, Thomas shouting, "Potatoes!") and driving downtown to see the Christmas lights that decorate a park.

I really wanted to get a photo of Gab in her pretty Thanksgiving dress and bib to mark the occasion. But this was as good as it got! She and I spent half the day in our pajamas preparing the meal and by the time she wasn't napping or we weren't eating or driving downtown, she was spent. I took the photos anyway, just for the sake of posterity.

So here are a couple photos from just the other day to prove she really is a happy baby! She even tried to laugh tonight, but no sound aside from a little squeak at the end of this huge smile was to be heard! Too cute!

My most endearing comment of the week so far was courtesy of Thomas. He told me yesterday that he was glad Gaby was out of my tummy. "I'm happy she's here," he said. Me too, Thomas, me too.




2 comments:

  1. here i am :) just click on me to find me :)

    much love-
    yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a blogger!!!! I'm so excited to be able to catch up with your family more than once a year on a Christmas card. I didn't even know about your little girl yet. Congratulations! What a sweet gift. Love to your whole family. Michelle Filleman

    ReplyDelete