Hawkins Family

Hawkins Family

Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Season to Cherish

So I've been thinking about starting a blog for a long time, but have until now, decided against it. Something about having "all our stuff out there" is still a little strange to me. But I will say, I enjoy following friends' adventures this way and I have been profoundly struck by several blogs that have a message that drives me to pursue relationship with our Heavenly Father despite some of life's most difficult tragedies.

My main desire with our blog is to share this precious season in life with you, our treasured family and friends (and perhaps a few strangers who may stumble upon us!) The Bible says, "To everything there is a season..." Well, this season in life of raising our little ones truly is a time to cherish. If I've learned nothing else since becoming a mother six and a half years ago, it's that time truly does fly by. Since our youngest was born just about two months ago, I've found myself wondering, "Am I cherishing this time?" I want to, I'm trying to, but life moves so fast these days. The day often seems gone not long after I realized it was getting started. So my hope, my prayer with this blog is that it will help me cherish this fast-moving time with our young ones and allow you to do the same.

Enjoy the journey with us!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Welcome to the blogosphere (or whatever it is they call this place)! It's so good to see you and the kids. Makes us miss you that much more. Hugs to the Hawkins :)

    ReplyDelete